Wednesday 23 January 2013

What is an angler to do!!!

Its a funny time of the year for me. On one hand, work is busy with land owners wanting works done before the spring and on the other hand, I'm starting to plan what waters I want to fish over the next twelve months.

This year, I've decided I really want to do more river fishing for pike, chub and bream, with the odd sprinkling of  zander and barbel.

I have now joined a club which satisfies my needs and at the weekend I ventured out in Arctic conditions with one of the clubs officer to have a look around at what they have on offer.

To put it mildly I was a bit happy with what they showed me and I'm now chomping at the bit to get  the rods out for the pike and the chub. Trouble is, I can't get a pass this weekend and so I am stuck with the images of the clubs waters stuck in my brain for at least another 17 days!!!!!

On a plus side, with the time on my hands, I managed to do a lot of research with the help of Google, Bing and OS maps on the various parts of the club waters and have had a cunning plan for the next free day I get to dangle a line.

It's also given me a chance to tidy up the tackle room, which since the start of the pike season, has become quite disorganised, which isn't like me at all and its been driving me potty every time I go in there. So with time to kill, the tackle room has been tidied and sorted and is back in order.

TL







No comments:

Post a Comment