Thursday 15 July 2010

No Show

Saturday gone was my allocated fishing day and what a sizzler!!!

I woke up late and did the usual getting ready stuff and made my way to the "pond" for a days fishing....

Even at 6am it was hot and my the time I had shifted my gear from the car to the swim I was sweating like a pig...



Set up was usual twin rod method feeders at a mark at about 70yds....but this time I had decided that the spod rod should be put into use in order to build up a decent amount of hemp, corn and feed so that the bream and tench could get their heads down early on. I also wanted to have the hook baits on a the mark so that re-cast wouldn't be needed so much as the time before.

12 spod of bait when out closely followed by two baits. Fake corn soaked in tutti fruity and 10mm halibut pellet on a hair.

Then I sat back and waited for the fish to lock onto the feed...

So I waited and waited....the odd bleep came and went, but nothing really positive for the first couple of hours, so baits were retrieved and re casted.......

And again I sat back and waited......nothing.......

At least the duck were wildlife was showing an interest in what i was doing



Well this went on for the whole morning...the odd bleep from fish moving through the swim, but due to the heat, I think their were not interested in feeding....

So what to do......snap so move animals...




And that was as much excitement as I could take, that couple with the heat.....34 deg C!!!!!

So at 15:30, I gave up and headed home........

So what's been happening since, two bargain baitrunnners sourced, 2 old baitrunners sold, 1 rod under offer and another small Shimano 2500GTM-RA up for auction on fleabay......should be able to get another rod by the end of the weekend...and then one of the old now very tippy rods can be packed off for its new owner.....

This weekend, will give "the pond" a miss, so might try the decoy lake or SWP specimen lake and see if I can bag me some tench....

TL for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment