Tuesday 27 July 2010

Roach and more Roach

Saturday came and I finally managed to get out of bed and down the decoy lake for a spot of fishing....

Got to the gate at 6am and found 4 cars already there....not a good sign.....

I made my way to my predetermined swim and it was taken....along with the 2 others, so I settled in next to an old boyy floating fishing on a 17ft rod.....yes a 17ft rod.....

Anyway, rods were assembled, baits cast out and it was not long before the bites came on both the float and the method feeder.......not from tench or bream, by roach......

Now don't get me wrong I like roach, but I have now caught more roach than I care to remember and the decoy lake seems to be overrun with them this year......Gary if your reading this we need a predator or two!!!!!!

The lake has so many of they, it does not matter what size of bait or hook I put on they would take it.....:-(

Alas by 3:30pm I had had enough and back up.....

Sunday was sent on the bike around Thetford Forest, fly around 16 miles of off road tracks including the black run, with feature like the "beast"......

Monday, I had a flexi day off, but instead of fishing I ended up playing nurse to the wife as she damages her hand and foot on the red run in the forest, when she came a cropper on a tight bend.........

Still planning my Broads Trip, but have now found a place to kip and a place to fish, so hopefully the fish will be biting.....

On the tackle front....sold 2 old Diawa bait and runs (finally), 1 x Shimano GTM and a fly rod.....replaced them with two 5000 Aeros and a second barbel rod.... the rod is a sore point as RM lost the first one sent and now I'm waiting on DHL (PLEASE DELIVER BEFORE SATURDAY)........alos have a new phone a HTC Wildfire....with its inbuilt mapping and compass....I'm sort it will come in handy on a fishing trip or tow......

Sorry now piccy's thought you would get bored of seeing endless roach shots....

TL for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment