Wednesday 9 July 2014

It's Been a While, but....


....I have been fishing.

The fishing has been hard for the majority of the sessions I've been on and they haven't gotten any easier since the start of the river season on the 16 June.

Towards the end of May/early June, I was still fishing hard for tench on a variety of waters. Some big, some small, but they only rewarded a 4lb, but lots of bream to the 7lb mark.

The rivers opened and I went out nice and early to one of my local rivers tip fishing. I managed a few fish including roach, perch and skimmers, but again it was very hard fishing.

Since the opening day, I've managed a few short sessions, but alas my reward has only been a few small perch.

The only consolation to it all has been the stunning views of wildlife that I have encountered. From Hares to little owls, from waterboatman to common hawkers, its simply been outstanding.

I did do a spot of crucian carp fishing at the weekend to0, managing two small fish of about a pound. But the highlight was the emergence for my fishing partner.

 Good dog

Tightlines

No comments:

Post a Comment