Thursday 11 August 2011

Looking Forward

Having a week off work at the moment, but alas no fishing on the cards as have DIY and other stuff to do for the Cancer Research UK, Cast for Life charity match on Saturday the 13 August at Suffolk Water Park.

The match is a sell out and I have collected all the raffle prizes I have been promised, so roll on  Saturday. A full write of the days proceedings will be posted up here  with pictures, but if you want a sneak preview of what will be going on, I doing a on air chat at 06:50 on BBC Radio Suffolk with Rob Dunger before the event.

On the fishing front, I have the PAC convention in Kettering on Saturday 1 October helping out on the day and will be looking forward to seeing some of the legends of the pike fishing community. Including Mike Brown, Neville Fickling and hopfully Eddie Turner as well. It would be also good to catch up with a few people I been speaking too on line from further a field.

Preparations for the new pike season are going well with baits and new line being delivered. On the mono front, I decided to go back to the Berkley Big Game line this season, but have uprated it from 15lb to 17lb. The Diawa sensor didn't let me down at all, but it didn't handle abrasion as well as the BBG. Also bought some new floating  braid from Eddie Turner for the drift floating. Its a method that I used to use alot, but having have a good catch rate last season, I neglected to do it much, but this will change this season. It will also allow me to get baits in areas that have been unfished. So I'm hopeful that it will increase my catch rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment