Tuesday 30 November 2010

What is a angler to do

It been along time since I last had a opportunity to fish and the withdrawal symptoms have well and truly set in.

The weather isn't great at the moment with day time temperatures of 1-3 deg C and night time temperature going down to minus 5 deg C.

Its snowing here at the moment, but there is light at the end of the tunnel with the change in wind direction and hopefully the snow will stop, temperature goes up abit and the pike will be on the hunt for food.

I can really complain as it has been a good start to the campaign with 20+ fish, but it would be nice to find the high double figure fish and maybe a twenty of two.

It could be time to give the usual place's a rest for now and see what lurks in some of the other waters. I've had good indications from a new lake that I fish in the early part of the season, but as yet I've not had the chance of getting back up there to give it another crack as it as fair drive from home. Alternatively, I could try a water that I normally fish alot, but as yet haven't ventured onto due to other places fishing well.

Well I have two season coming up over the next couple of weeks, so it might be worth trying at least somewhere different for one session.

Or, I could give the whole piking thing a rest and go for some winter chub on the local rivers?

What is a angler to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment