Thursday 20 July 2017

Feeder Improvements


I'm all for making life easier and buying bits and bobs off the shelf is of course the easiest option. However, when the tackle firm balls up and change something for no reason, then I feel that I have to do something about it.

The feeders are of course functional as they are, but I find the plastic loop on some feeder a pain in the arse, so rather than chucking them, they get modified.

Now there is a few ways to do this and the very simplist option would be to buy some nitrate O'rings and replace the plastic with one of them. The O rings are tough as hell and usually results in you not only loosing the feeder but also the rig. So I have found that if you construct a loop using power gum you get the feeder back or the power gum knot pulls free under moderate tension, thus getting at least the rig back.

No comments:

Post a Comment