Wednesday 4 May 2011

Cast for Life - My Story!!!

Hello, my name is Jason Skilton and I'm organising a Cast of Life Charity Open Fishing Match at Suffolk Water Park on the 13 August 2011. I'm a keen, or in my wife's words, obsessive angler since the age of 12 when I started to fish my local waters with my dads old fly rod. I was then bought one Christmas a D.A.M general purpose rod and Pirate reel and I've never looked back.


As a kid, I used to fish for all types of fish, but now tend to spend my time in pursue of Bream & Tench in the Spring/Summer and Pike in the Autumn and Winter. I also run my own blog "An Anglers Dandling Log"

My Tournament is a 5 hour open fishing match on the 13 August 2011 at Suffolk Water Park, Bramford, Suffolk. The match is open to all, whether you an experienced match angler, novice or youngster as the intension to to raise as much money for charity as possible.

I intend to offer prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, biggest fish caught during the match and a random peg draw. I also hope to run a prize draw on the day, with all proceeds going to the Cast For Life campaign for Cancer Research UK.

So why did I choice to get involved? "Well two reasons really. The first was after being inspired by my 15 year old step son who is raising money for his chosen charity (Help for Heroes) by doing events at school and selling wrist bands. Secondly, because my family has been effected by cancer ever since I was three years old, when I lost my father to it and more recently, an Aunt who has been fighting cancer for the last 10 years.

So what are you waiting for? We are a 3 million plus participator sport in the UK alone, so if we can all raise a bit of money for research into cancer, perhaps we can help to prevent the pain and suffering it cause.

For more information, please contact Ryan Bromley @ Cancer Research UK email him myprojects@cancer.org.uk

Thank you for reading my story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment