Friday 31 December 2010

2010 Review

2010 was an interesting year for a number of different reason, with a couple of first also.

Mid last year, I decided to create my first blog "Altonfishers Dangling Log". This was initially just a crude diary type blog. Nothing in my mind very good, but a way of recording my fishing trip, experiences and thoughts during the year. Towards the back end of the year, after some useful comments from seasonal angling bloggers, I decided to revamp it and give it a name change to its present title. I hope to add to it during 2011 and make it bigger and better.

It was the first and hopefully not the last time I ventured to the Norfolk Broads for 2 magical days fishing with my mate Craig, where we caught 11 pike including a low double from the hired boat.
Except for the unseasonal weather, it was a fabulous time and I'm looking forward to going back in 2011.



It was also a year in which I landed my first double figure carp. It might be surprising to hear, but I've never actively been fishing for carp and in fact even on this occasion, I was actually targeting the tench and bream on this particular water. Carp are definitely a species that I intend to have a go for in 2011.



The "Black Pig" baitboat had its maiden voyage in 2010, barring a few minor setbacks she performed very well and she will be be in use during 2011 for various type of fishing. Hopefully she will help improve my catch rate for the bream and tench on the larger waters.



Tomorrow is the started of 2011 and I'm hopefully off out fishing for first time. With the warmer conditions of late, the thaw should be well in and I should be able to get some pike fishing and hopefully the first fish of 2011. I anticipate it being a bit of a struggle, but it will be nice to get out and fish from the bank rather than the armchair pro bass fishing on the Xbox that I got for Christmas.

So is a tighlines for 2011 and Happy New Years to everyone who reads my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment