Wednesday 9 June 2010

What to do...

Well the bait freezer is back online....but alas no bait ......I did look into a claim on the old house insurance, but for the cost of the bait against the cost of the excess......it wouldn't be worth while.....So it Wednesday, I'm at work and planning my Friday flexi day off so it decision time.......Do I......


a) fish the my favourite "pond" for it double figure bream on a twin rod methods and hope the old tench make an appearance

b) fish the decoy lake for it roach/rudd on the float and hope that the tench and carp make an appearance on the method feeder

c)fish SWP specimen lake which is a very commercial big carp water, and fish for it bream and tench which the carpers caught regularly, but they dismiss.....


Decisions, decisions .....All will be fished with similar baits and tactic.......sweet corn, halibut pellets over a fishy ground bait hempy..........


But if I fish the decoy, I need Red Maggots and that could mean me going to the tackle shop and having to buy other tackle that I probably don't need I also need to take the cat "Buster" to the vets tomorrow......at 17;40.....so a trip to the tackle shop could leave this a bit tight in getting home and getting the cat in for his domain of the meadow where he is probably right now chasing some little critters ..


Now the cats "Buster & Spike" are a newish addition to the house hold. Buster is a year and abit old and is my cats....i wanted to call him Dexter after the famous serial killer on Sky1.........but was convinced to call him Buster instead (but I has started to slip and call him Dexter) ............in some ways he is a dog ......when I'm at home he is at my side......when at work he's out in the meadow....hunting,sleep and generally doing cats stuff....... ..........One of these days this cats will be in the car on a fishing trip I'm sure


Spike on the other hand is the wife's cat, he is 9 months old ......Now he like the idea of being outside in the meadow, but realized from an early age that when humans are out at work...this = prime sleeping locations .....aka the king size bed with duvet .......


Anyhow, I degress .....Where should I fish???????


Option A - The pond "free fishing" and a generally relaxed day behind the buzzer with a good chance of bream and the odd tench


Option B - a small charge for a tickets, but likely to be pestered by small roach/rudd.....


Option C costly water, but the rewards could be double figure tench/bream and may be one of the 20's or 30's........The choice is yours!!!TL........

No comments:

Post a Comment